Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The More Is Not Always The Merrier

My Best Friend is dating a woman who is poly amorous, who likes to be in multiple relationships at one time. She feels that it is unnatural for people to be monogamous.

I think that is a cop out fucking crock of shit.

I don't like BF's girl much anyway. She is the laziest person I have ever met, and is so self absorbed that I am sometimes convinced that she must be pulling an elaborate practical joke.

In the car yesterday, I updated BF and her girl on the progress on me getting my own place. Thirty minutes later, as we were sitting at the restaurant, Girl turns to me and asks me if I've heard anything about getting my own place. I looked at her, sure she was joking, positive she was pulling my fucking leg. I mean, I had JUST TALKED about this in the car, for crissake.

She was totally fucking serious. And didn't even have the grace to be embarrassed about it.

She also has all these opinions, and no fucking critical thought to back them up. I can't tell you how much that bugs me, except to tell you that listening to her spout her unthinking crap is like fingernails on the blackboard of my brain.

I really wanted to like Girl, because I love BF and want her to be happy. But Girl makes it really hard, with her tantrums and selfishness and OH MY GOD THE DRAMA.

And I really think that this poly shit is just Girl's way of making herself feel better by constantly introducing new sexual partners into the mix, because sex is how she shores up her self esteem, and the longer she sleeps with someone the less of a jolt she gets. She needs to have that first flush of newness to make herself feel alive.

And it's making BF miserable, and that pisses me off. But I don't really have a dog in this fight, so all I can do is support BF in whatever she decides to do, and try not to be mean to Girl, because that would just make it worse for BF.

But I want to be mean. Oh, how I want to.

1 comment:

  1. You can be mean here. It's cool, and fun, and cathertic, and valuable.

    G'wan.

    I'd be pissed at Girl too, if only just for making BF miserable. No, MOSTLY because of making BF miserable.

    ReplyDelete